Previously Aired: January 27th, 2021 | 8:30pm MST
Online – Live Via Zoom Meeting with James Carlin
Join us live online with James Carlin as he ties 5 of his top patterns he uses on the river
- 1.5-Hour Live, Online Fly Tying Class
- 5 of James’ Top Producing Patterns
- COVID Safe – Fully Online and Moderated
- HD Video & Close-Up Camera Angles
- Course Difficulty: Intermediate
Flies we’re tying
An exclusive look at Taites go-to flies: four nymphs and a streamer! These five patterns cover a range of attractor, imitative, and searching patterns to ensure you’re prepared for any condition that surfaces on the water.
- Unique: These patterns are by no means standard flies. They are either an improved variation of an established pattern, or an entirely new, custom patterns.
- Durable: The more durable your fly is, the more fish you can catch and trees you can tangle in before it falls apart. As a guide durability is essential, especially when fishing with beginner anglers who will be slapping the rocks on their backcast. Taite will teach us several tying techniques that make his flies practically indestructible.
- Simplified: Intermediate tying techniques that produce advanced looking flies. The ideal scenario!
- Proven: Good looking flies may look nice in the box, but will they catch fish? These flies are proven to catch lots of fish, and have repeatedly fooled many 20 plus inch trout on some of the words toughest streams such as the techy Silver Creek and the famous Henry’s Fork.
- Fun: These flies incorporate cool-new material combos and techniques that make it even more enjoyable to tie flies.
The Sweet Pea
Taite Pearson is a top guide at Silver Creek Outfitters in Ketchum, Idaho, who has fished all over the west catching countless big fish on his secret flies. One of Taite’s all time favorite rivers is the famous Silver Creek. He loves the technicality required to catch those snooty brown trout—16 foot leaders, 7x tippet, and size 22 dry flies!
In addition to his fishing skills, Taite is also a remarkable fly tier who exclusively fishes his custom patterns. Before reconnecting with his love for fly fishing, he was cheffing professionally for 23 years. While those cooking days are over, his chef qualities carry on; just take a look at his organized fly boxes and immaculate, creative flies and you’ll know what we mean!
Most of all, Taite is an all around awesome dude. When not on the water, you will find him shredding the mountain on his snowboard, tearing up the mountain bike trails, or out in the town with his buddies.
Come meet Taite and learn his secret flies at his upcoming tying class. Good times guaranteed…
Agenda for the Evening
- Introduction: We will start with a screen that has all the materials on it, make sure to check your inbox with a link for the tying materials and to be prepared ahead of time so you can follow along.
- Tying Class:
- Fly #1 – Simplified JuJu
- Fly #2 – Scrat Leech
- Giveaway #1 – Answer a Poll
- Fly #3 – Sally Jig
- Fly #4 – Sweet Pea Variant
- Fly #5 – The Devil Jig
- Q&A – Live Q&A with James, Allen and Taite on all Things Fly Fishing and Fly Tying
- Final Giveaways and Promotions